Kosovo Accreditation Agency (KAA) is in process of broader consultations for reviewing current standards and guidelines of KAA, as part of the project “Development of quality assurance in High Education in Kosovo – systematic and institutional approach”, with the support of EYE Project of Swiss Cooperation Office in Kosovo.
Part of this process was the conference organized on 1st of December this year, with subject “Development of quality assurance in High Education in Kosovo”.
Discussion on challenges and recommendations for a qualitative high education was emphasized by key participants as, Mr. Arsim Bajrami, Minister of Education, Science and Technology, which expressed dedication of Kosovo Government to raise the quality of high education, by supporting an accreditation process according to highest international standards since Kosovo is a member of ENQA(European Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education)as well.
Special guest were, Mr. Cloin Tuck, Director of “European Quality Assurance Register for Higher Education-EQAR” and Austrian Ambassador to Kosovo Mr. Garnot Pfandler. Whereas Mr. Blerim Rexha as President of the State Council of KAA and Act. Director Mrs. Fortuna Mehmeti , assured the present for reforming of the accreditation system after the challenges that this Agency went through previous years.
Mr. Driton Dalipi, Manager of the EYE Project expressed once again interest of this program, financed by Swiss Government, which would enable addressing of main challenges of high education through a more qualitative accreditation, and thus contributing in offering better skills in labor market.
Furthermore, intentions of the project “Development of quality assurance in high education in Kosovo – systematic and institutional approaches” are:
- To identify characteristics of national system for assuring quality that contribute in improvement of teaching quality, which at the same time responds the needs of high education institutions
- To determine if the national system for assurance of quality is fit for purpose and responds to the needs of the high education sector in Kosovo
- To gather and analyze perceptions of the high education institutions and other relevant stakeholders regarding the external processes of quality assurance and internal practices of quality assurance.
- To identify examples of good practices from international study cases of European Zone in High Education concerning systems of quality assurance mechanisms and instruments.
- The Kosovar model of assuring quality should be in harmony with the Standards and Guidelines for Assurance of Quality in High Education of the European Zone (ESG reviewed in 2015)
- To review standards and procedures of KAA based on gathered notes/data
Final results of this research study will support KAA in procedure review process, based on data and contribution received from members of academic community, experts of high education, civil society and good international practices.